Tuesday, October 03, 2006


"His Fire Within Me"

removing things of the past

is something undeniably tough to do

reconsiling the great emotional mass

and trying to unmark all the feelings that i felt for you

i know it's unhealthy & my mind keeps tellin' me its okay to be free

but truth be told, you're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me

its so hard to say goodbye to your yesterdays and all the things you knew to be so real

i remember when you first called me your hubby

and from that point on, i realized it was my heart you were tryna steal

but now that's all a memory of the "what was"

and as surely as dusk falls

so does the passion i once felt to which i gave my all

this is truthfully the best thing for both of us

parting separately to venture in our own ways

but still making certain, close by we'll both stay

and if fate so brings us back on some randomly appointed day

inseparable by a mutual vision of truth, love, & even lust

our hearts then must be like criss & cross---not truly one without the other

and that we must only trust.....

~~~~~~~~~~

SoFaReal



1 comment:

Dayne Avery said...

Well said. Make sure you post more poetry.